First Christian Elementary School
First Christian’s Elementary School uses the A BEKA BOOK Christian Academic and Bible Curriculums. First Christian School’s goal is to provide “Academic Excellence and Christian Values.” Our experienced teachers and small class sizes allow our teachers to provide individual and small group instruction. There is an important focus on Reading instruction. The A BEKA curriculum focuses on Phonics. First Christian School’s Accelerated Reader Program encourages a love of reading and rewards students for meeting reading goals. Students at the elementary level also have classes in Music, Art, Physical Education, and Library. Students also have a Bible class that uses curriculum from Positive Actions for Christ.
All knowledge is from God and is full of spirit and truth when made relevant to God’s purpose for mankind. Children are uniquely created by God. Therefore, each child has God-given talents to be nurtured. Children advance at different rates through stages of cognitive, emotional, physical, social, and spiritual development. We at First Christian School intend to provide learning experiences to enhance and stimulate all developmental areas in each child. This will be accomplished by providing a quality education through:
- Inspiring life long enthusiasm and love of learning, wisdom and knowledge.
- Striving for academic excellence in each child through the use of high quality scholastic tools and curriculum.
- Encouraging children to learn responsibility by participation in age-appropriate decision making.
- Establishing a foundation of core Christian values and morals.
- Challenging the child to respond to God in a personal relationship through Jesus Christ our Savior.